Karooba Endless Educational Trivia Quiz

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thing 20 - Finding and Subscribing to Podcasts

I did not really care for either EPN or Podcast Alley.
Podcast Alley: This would definately be better to use for non-academic/personal use. I tried to be consistent with what I was searching for from site to site to see how they compared. I did not get any listings for phonemic awareness on this site. The list of sites that they showed for my search was not narowed down enough.
EPN: This website was a visually was a bit too busy for me. I also had some difficulty opening more than one podcast stated on this site.

The thing I found the easiest which result in the best outcomes for my specific searches was to simply type in podcast + the areas I was interested in finding.

As for downloading things to i-tunes I have been doing this for a while with my churches sermon. I tried to listen to one of their podcasts and could not get it to "pop-up" for me to listen to. Then one day when I was searching for something else on my computer files I stumbles across all of the podcast that I had previously tried to listen to. I like how you can store them on your computers/in your files to easily find when you want them.

For this assessmnet I subscribed to the following podcasts:
1)"Nicki Collom" via Google Reader
 2) The Dave Ramsey Show via I-Tunes
3) Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life via I-Tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment