Karooba Endless Educational Trivia Quiz

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thing 21 - Learn About Wikis

I had the most success with WikiHow. I had problems opening many of them on my computer. The screen kept popping up saying that I was leaving a secure location and others would be able to see my information. But when I clicked "ok" nothing happened. This results in me not being able to a majority of the sites. Very Frustrating! I thought that the WikiHow website was very easy to use. The edit and publish buttons were very visible and easy to use. Searching for wikis was also very easy using this website.

I have to say, though, that I did not really feel inspired to create one of my own. There was a wide variety of wikis and many were very interesting, but I don't think  that they are for me (not yet). Many appeared to be informational. It felt strange how you could go in and edit someone else's hard work.  I can see the benefit of being able to work as a group on one site but I think that would prefer to use Google Docs. I guess I didn't see too much of a difference when creating word documents. Although I can see the value and appeal of how you can import picures and videos into the wikis.

No comments:

Post a Comment